Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Pray for the Needs of India

India is this week’s Prayer Focus, but first I wanted to share something with you.   When Becky and I were praying together in the morning last week, the Lord gave us both a vision about a strategic prayer focus plan.  We both saw a map and certain countries highlighted which we know we are to specifically focus our prayers on at this time.  These countries were India, China, Myanmar, Pakistan and Kenya.  I don’t know what the Lord is doing, but we want to be obedient.  I do know we have received many prayer requests and requests for help from these countries.  Please keep us, these countries and the pastors and missionaries there in your prayers. 

 

Following are specific prayer requests I have received from India.

 Dear Friends, Missionaries and Believers in Jesus Christ,

We started an orphanage by the vision and call of our savior and LORD Jesus Christ, James 1:27, " Pure and undefiled religion before God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their trouble and to keep oneself unspotted from the world". To provide food, accommodations and education, medical needs clothes and books for the orphans, semi-orphans, poor children and rag-pickers. These children used to spend their childhood by picking rags near dust bins in the streets and habituated to all kinds of bad activities which spoil their lives. Some are orphans, and others are very poor, their parents are unable to take care of them. Along with the Gospel of Jesus Christ, they are very active in church, praying, singing to the LORD and regularly attending Sunday school.  With much effort and burden we are going forward with the great Mission to the Glory of the LORD. We invite all our friends in Christ to share our Vision and Mission.  Can you spend your time with our children in the homes, support and pray for us?

Sincerely,

Rev. J M

 

Greetings from India,

I am not a stranger but I am one of your brothers in Christ carrying out His last Commission and also showing the love of Jesus to the orphans, street children, poor and needy deserving children. 

I am a young man who finished my high school graduation, studied junior college and then studied three years in an Indian university and received my Bachelor of Arts Degree.  After I finished this schooling I went to USA and studied three years bachelor of Divinity at West Lenoir, School of Ministries, Lenoir, NC, USA. After finishing my studies I promptly returned to India and started my ministry independently.  God laid the burden in my heart to win my own Indian nationals and specially to evangelize children.  Now I am in India. I am sending this email from India.

When I started going round the villages to preach I happened to see so many orphan children sleeping under the trees and begging.  Some village elders requested me to feed these children.  As a trial and with compassion I brought home some children and started feeding them with a single meal per day.  I have good accommodation so I am providing free house, electricity with water.  I have very spacious buildings, which were given to me by my father.  These buildings can accommodate even hundred children.  But I have no means to feed them.  Most of these orphan children are five years to twelve years of age both boys and girls.  I started the orphanage and now there are about fifty children in my home.  Just I am providing single meal for them.  With that they are contented. 

After knowing the news that I am running an orphanage every day many orphan children from different villages are coming and requesting me to find out when they will be admitted.  I don’t have money to admit them.  Even for these children I am facing many difficulties I am trying all my level best to help as many orphans as I can.  But in India it is highly impossible for a Christian preacher to run the orphanage.  The local people are in an impression that I will change these children to Christianity.  So they don’t like to come forward to help them.  I spent several days in fasting prayer and finally I decided to request people like you for help.

I am very much interested in evangelizing to children.  Kindly help me and encourage me to win the children to Christ. 

Thanking you,

Sincerely, 

Kalyan

 

For more information regarding these prayer requests or to find our more about our vision please check out our Short Term Missions Programs