Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pray For Pakistan 1

Our Missions Prayer Focus of the Week is for Pakistan,  we  have been in contact with many pastors and workers in Pakistan over the last couple of years, but there has been in influx of requests for prayer and assistance from many Christians in this country.  I have included one of the most recent letters from Pakistan for you.  Please join our missions Christian Social Network to communicate and pray for the lives of these brothers and sisters in Christ. 

Dear Brother John. I hope you are well and safe and in God hands.  Brother  I accepted  Jesus  Christ as my personal  savior and start serving him, But  before I was  this time I was very sinful and  addicted of  many bad things in  my life. God opened my eyes and showed me what is right and what is wrong.  Since  God  has chosen me from that time to now, He has  changed  me and H made me  to be more Christ  like.

What I am going to write to you this is my personal experience since I started serving Lord.   I have done  many thing in ministry especially  with Youth Ministry and people  like I was,  because I am very  young and  serving lord and  heading up many responsibilities.  Well I have  many  Muslim friends,  I always  go to their families and I always freely talk about Jesus Christ and they  do not mind.  So  I can say that I am happy that I am a Pakistani and I was born here and I  do not feel ashamed to be a Pakistani.  But some places in Pakistan they are many pressures and many challenges for God servants. As  I told  you we have some  ministries  on location at the  bricks factories where  Christian people are  spending their lives like Israeli did when they were in Egypt.  Christian Young girls work all the day in sunshine for 150 rupee.  Our Young Christian boys are working n Muslim land lords fields.  Our Christian women’s are working in Muslim land lords homes.

This is not easy to start a gospel ministry at the brick factories, because the brick factory owners do not want the people living and working there to get any holidays or Sundays off, or they go away without his permission.

I still remember  when we started  ministry first time at the brick factories it was very dangerous for our senior pastor, A. E.,  they tried to  shout him at night time, but thank God  who saved him. I cannot forget then happen.  Christian lives are not good because they do not have good jobs, the reason why they do not have good jobs because they are not able to pay the bribery to get good job or that they are Christians.

If maybe in the future God will bring you to Pakistan to share good news of Christ I will take you to visit our ministries at the bricks factories, you will amazed to see  how peoples are living and where we are serving for our lord Jesus Christ in this modern day Egypt situation.

Brother, I  don’t have many contacts in West because I believe our brothers and sisters in Christ who live in the West appear to believe things and people in Pakistan are nonsense, but we know what God is really doing here.  I have invited limited Westerners, but they are only staying in my contact list and not come or helping us in Pakistan, but I have strong relationship with Christian churches or youth ministries who seem to be all in Asian countries.

I hope my relationship with you will last very long time. I appreciate you doing such a great work for our living and loving Lord Jesus Christ.

If you still have any questions or if you want more information regarding Pakistan and Christianity in Pakistan I am here for you. 

Holding you in prayers,

A. S.